Here's how I know I've been on break too long: the cat now runs the household. It's his dinnertime and he wants to eat, but he doesn't want to come away from the fridge because he thinks there's still some holiday canned food left, which there isn't. So I bring his bowl out to him. Better, but no sale. I sprinkle some of the brand new catnip over the top. Hmm, closer to acceptable, but no. I pile up some catnip alongside...ah, there. He snorts up the catnip, then LIES DOWN to eat his dinner.
(To be fair, it's his standard practice lately to lie down to eat catnip. It makes it easier to roll over and have a good drug-addled freakout.)
Geez, Mary - I can't believe you let the cat push you around like that. Hang on - I''m having trouble typing with Grim lying across my wrists. I'll post more later.
3 comments:
Oh dear God, it's come to this.
Here's how I know I've been on break too long: the cat now runs the household. It's his dinnertime and he wants to eat, but he doesn't want to come away from the fridge because he thinks there's still some holiday canned food left, which there isn't. So I bring his bowl out to him. Better, but no sale. I sprinkle some of the brand new catnip over the top. Hmm, closer to acceptable, but no. I pile up some catnip alongside...ah, there. He snorts up the catnip, then LIES DOWN to eat his dinner.
(To be fair, it's his standard practice lately to lie down to eat catnip. It makes it easier to roll over and have a good drug-addled freakout.)
Geez, Mary - I can't believe you let the cat push you around like that. Hang on - I''m having trouble typing with Grim lying across my wrists. I'll post more later.
Oh, man. You gotta watch those black-and-white cats. You could end up, like us, with HRH Trouble, the Prince of Wails.
Post a Comment