Monday, November 23, 2009

Fun attic finds #3

1 comment:

Máire said...

I should start by mentioning that Mom has found out what I'm up to -- okay, I told her -- and she expressed some concern that I was taking photos of her unintentionally humorous belongings. So, let me make it clear: these items in the photographs may have been in the attic for years, but that doesn't mean Mom has any idea how they got there, and furthermore they've either been designated to be thrown out or donated to the local thrift/charity shop. (Well, mostly....)

This wicker fish is an example of something that was destined for the trash when I snapped its portrait. The vermin had too much fun for it to make the donation pile. Did it used to have two eyes? Hard to say. Was it a gift? I hope so, but I can't be entirely sure that my dad wouldn't have picked it up at a garage sale. Then again there wasn't a price stuck to it, and goodness knows I've found enough garage sale purchases with the tags still on 'em.