Biko liked to keep an eye on things, as some cats do.
May 23, 2004. I’m not sure Biko was a big fan of flowers, but they sure smelled different than the usual stuff lying around the place.
April 28, 2007. I don’t think I even knew at the time what the big deal with the baggie box was.
June 27, 2007. Posing on the notebook I used for Irish conversation group notes. Crazy cat. Yes, he did this on his own.
October 7, 2007. Many many flowers from Mary’s wedding.
December 10, 2007. As previously seen in this entry. For several years he kept a tradition of crawling around under the table-top tree once it was put up, checking it out, messing with any low-hanging ornaments, but I could never catch him in the act. With a camera, I mean. This is the closest I ever got.
February 21, 2008. Flowers *and* poky things!
August 16, 2008. Checking out the neighborhood goings-on.
September 20, 2008. I guess some things are inexplicably interesting. A see-through bag!
February 2009 (?), photo by Brain. Checking out Brain’s laptop.
April 24, 2009. Biko’s idea of helping to change the bedsheets. Okay, he knew he wasn’t helping.
May 12, 2009. Checking out a sweet potato plant, growing from a store-bought sweet potato that I left alone too long. It grew like crazy, so no wonder Biko wanted to keep tabs on it.
December 1, 2009. Another photo from the week at my aunt’s house. If he’d ever encountered a loosely-crafted afghan like this one before, it’d been years, because I didn’t own one.
June 28, 2010. Biko seemed to know that packages were like presents and was usually interested in finding out what was in them. Here he’s waiting (semi-)patiently for me to open a package from my friend Vic.
August 19, 2011. “Hey, I’ve never had a little lie-down on an old wedding dress before — I wonder what it’s like? Ahh!” (Cell phone photo, sorry for the poor quality.)
October 19, 2011. Sometimes he liked to nose around on top of the desk or lie on it, when there was room of course. On this day he took the opportunity of my trips between desk and kitchen to make a few edits to a .doc of a recipe, then posed for a post-masterpiece portrait. (Another cell phone photo.)
Okay, that’s the end of my all-digital photos. (Well, there are plenty more of Biko, but these are the highlights.) Someday I’ll try to scan some of the ones from regular film.
3 comments:
Biko liked to keep an eye on things, as some cats do.
May 23, 2004. I’m not sure Biko was a big fan of flowers, but they sure smelled different than the usual stuff lying around the place.
April 28, 2007. I don’t think I even knew at the time what the big deal with the baggie box was.
June 27, 2007. Posing on the notebook I used for Irish conversation group notes. Crazy cat. Yes, he did this on his own.
October 7, 2007. Many many flowers from Mary’s wedding.
December 10, 2007. As previously seen in this entry. For several years he kept a tradition of crawling around under the table-top tree once it was put up, checking it out, messing with any low-hanging ornaments, but I could never catch him in the act. With a camera, I mean. This is the closest I ever got.
February 21, 2008. Flowers *and* poky things!
August 16, 2008. Checking out the neighborhood goings-on.
September 20, 2008. I guess some things are inexplicably interesting. A see-through bag!
February 2009 (?), photo by Brain. Checking out Brain’s laptop.
April 24, 2009. Biko’s idea of helping to change the bedsheets. Okay, he knew he wasn’t helping.
May 12, 2009. Checking out a sweet potato plant, growing from a store-bought sweet potato that I left alone too long. It grew like crazy, so no wonder Biko wanted to keep tabs on it.
December 1, 2009. Another photo from the week at my aunt’s house. If he’d ever encountered a loosely-crafted afghan like this one before, it’d been years, because I didn’t own one.
June 28, 2010. Biko seemed to know that packages were like presents and was usually interested in finding out what was in them. Here he’s waiting (semi-)patiently for me to open a package from my friend Vic.
August 19, 2011. “Hey, I’ve never had a little lie-down on an old wedding dress before — I wonder what it’s like? Ahh!” (Cell phone photo, sorry for the poor quality.)
October 19, 2011. Sometimes he liked to nose around on top of the desk or lie on it, when there was room of course. On this day he took the opportunity of my trips between desk and kitchen to make a few edits to a .doc of a recipe, then posed for a post-masterpiece portrait. (Another cell phone photo.)
Okay, that’s the end of my all-digital photos. (Well, there are plenty more of Biko, but these are the highlights.) Someday I’ll try to scan some of the ones from regular film.
He was such a sweetie. :) My favorite is the one where he's helping make the bed. Chester & Rory like doing that too.
Thank you, Brain!
Your words are always appreciated. It's good to hear from people who were knew him.
Post a Comment