Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet shop or sweat shop??

1 comment:

Máire said...

Birthday cake factories are real, people! Next time you hear a pastry chef has gone missing, consider the real cost to our society.

Mind you, if the, er, "guests" of said factories were compensated for their efforts with cake as delicious as this one, they might be quite content to stay on staff. I'm not the only one who thoroughly enjoyed it--a friend who is very particular about baked goods partook of eight pieces, by one count. ("But some of them were small pieces," came the clarification from the informant.)

Had I known this was happening, there's only one thing I could have said: game on, friend. No one can tell me I can't manage to eat more of my own birthday cake than that.

(The "factory" line on the cake is a play on an inside joke in my family, by the way. You'll have to let me know if I haven't mentioned it already, 'cause I have the feeling I've already told everyone.)