Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And now you know...the rest of the story

1 comment:

Máire said...

Sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone hanging. Here, at last, is how ceiling holes with fancy plastering get fixed.

Photo 1: Nail something solid up in there.

I think there was a "tape over the edges and solid thing" stage I didn't get a photo of....

Photo 2: Mash the plaster all over everything, then use a broom to sweep in the detail.

Bonus points -- make sure to miss a spot near the wall so the OCD resident can slowly drive herself insane wondering how to change it. (I've decided to embrace it as the marker of the point exactly under where the pipes run, in case something else goes wrong up there and I want to point out where to start smashy-smashing.)

Photo #3: When it dries, it's as good as new. Except for the color, which is different.

Yes, that's right, they never followed through on the painting. They weren't sure if they had any of that color left (the company has switched to a new shade of bland) and were going to come back and let me know if they found any. And it's been months! But you know what? I've pretty much decided I don't care. I suspect that "caring" would mean having them paint the whole ceiling. I don't think I can bring myself to care that much.