I also went to the Ashland County Fair. All the rides were free, which is the awesome thing about a good small fair. This is a picture of the Titanic ride which the kids just loved.
Am I putting too much thought into this? On the one hand I'm weirded out that a kiddie ride is modeled after a sinking ship. On the other, I say heck, in our society they have to get used to this sort of borderline-inappropriateness (?) sooner or later.
(Yes, I also spent the weekend at the Ren Fest pretending to be an Irish peasant, but the only decent pics I have are normal ones of people. So, this is the end of the fair-type photos, I think.)
If kids aren't exposed to borderline inappropriateness at county fairs, they'll suffer a psychotic break when they encounter someone who has virtually no respect for societal conventions of appropriateness, and who takes no small measure of joy in saying things that would upset people. Things like, in response to "What are you guys doing up here [in the studio so late in the evening]?", "Masturbating! Wanna help?" Or someone who immediately misconstrues the use of the word "diaphragm," despite strong visual cues indicating the reference is to the muscle that lies below the lungs. (I almost typed 'lunch.' What kind of muscle lies below the lunch? What an odd thing to say.)
Brain: The muscularis externa is the muscle that lies below the lunch after it has been consumed. And above the lunch, and lateral to the lunch, and anterior to the lunch...
Oh, I forgot to mention the other part -- as we were leaving, it was dinnertime for the ride operators, and I'm guessing since there was no way of gating off this ride they had gone ahead and just deflated it. It was as if the ship had finished sinking right into the ground.
7 comments:
Let me see how long does it take you to post the first comment? PING
Oh, you're evil! Fie, I throw duck sauce at you!
Now, back to my typing....
AHEM.
I also went to the Ashland County Fair. All the rides were free, which is the awesome thing about a good small fair. This is a picture of the Titanic ride which the kids just loved.
Am I putting too much thought into this? On the one hand I'm weirded out that a kiddie ride is modeled after a sinking ship. On the other, I say heck, in our society they have to get used to this sort of borderline-inappropriateness (?) sooner or later.
(Yes, I also spent the weekend at the Ren Fest pretending to be an Irish peasant, but the only decent pics I have are normal ones of people. So, this is the end of the fair-type photos, I think.)
If kids aren't exposed to borderline inappropriateness at county fairs, they'll suffer a psychotic break when they encounter someone who has virtually no respect for societal conventions of appropriateness, and who takes no small measure of joy in saying things that would upset people. Things like, in response to "What are you guys doing up here [in the studio so late in the evening]?", "Masturbating! Wanna help?" Or someone who immediately misconstrues the use of the word "diaphragm," despite strong visual cues indicating the reference is to the muscle that lies below the lungs. (I almost typed 'lunch.' What kind of muscle lies below the lunch? What an odd thing to say.)
Brain: The muscularis externa is the muscle that lies below the lunch after it has been consumed.
And above the lunch, and lateral to the lunch, and anterior to the lunch...
Oh, I forgot to mention the other part -- as we were leaving, it was dinnertime for the ride operators, and I'm guessing since there was no way of gating off this ride they had gone ahead and just deflated it. It was as if the ship had finished sinking right into the ground.
Where's the inflatable Leo D.
... Oh wait. I don't believe I just said that.
I can't wait for the inflatable WTC twin towers ride kids will be riding a hundred years from now..... ..... tumbleweed .... .... too soon?
Post a Comment